Are you going to add some skills in the game? I think it's a bit boring, when you can't raise your skills and may be stats...
Sure, we are going to implement skills and stats, and even quality of items and buildings and resources. Soon, we'll present a table with skills, a little patience please )
I don't know the system you're going to implement but I wish you'll come with a more interesting training system than crafting millions of same items to raise the skills.
Here's a few ideas to think about:
- you can still find books and scrolls to speed up learning
- making different things awards general bonuses (like crafting different wood items would help learn carpentry faster than spamming one item),
- teachers (pay with rabbit hides or something appropriate to receive some training)
- let the character focus on some skill while offline and then after you've been a couple of hours offline you would have some bonus to learning that skill
- synergies (like killing a mob with knife would give a little bit towards other knife-related, even non-combat skills)..
- implement "mini-games" to crafting..
- take found items apart to learn how they're made
What I'm looking after is to keep the gameplay varied and more interesting than the normal grind wood -> grind iron -> grind items -> repeat.